Often, people wait for symptoms or a crisis to appear before going to the doctor. After a diagnosis is made, treatment typically includes drugs to mask the symptoms or surgery to remove or repair the issue. Although sometimes this can be effective, it is expensive and often doesn’t address or resolve the root-cause of the symptoms. It is important to note that symptoms frequently appear months or years after the problem began.
Chiropractic care addresses the cause of the symptoms. It focuses on the overall health and well-being of the nervous system, the system that controls and regulates all body functions. Making sure your nervous system is functioning optimally helps you maintain a healthy life.
COMMON REASONS FOR VISITING A CHIROPRACTOR
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder, knee or other extremity pain
- Optimization of the immune system
- Poor posture
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stress management
- Childhood wellness checks
- As part of maintaining a wellness lifestyle
CHIROPRACTIC HELPS MORE THAN BACK AND NECK PAIN
Many people are not aware that chiropractic can help with the symptoms of many health-related conditions and illnesses beyond neck and back pain. To understand how chiropractic can help, it's important to understand the basics behind chiropractic:
- The body has a natural ability to heal itself
- The central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) is responsible for communicating to all parts of the body
- Subluxations (when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position) create stress on nearby nerves and interferes with proper communication between the brain, the central nervous system, and the body
- The safe and gentle chiropractic adjustment removes these interferences (subluxations) along the spinal vertebrae
- The removal of subluxations allows the central nervous system to properly communicate with all parts of the body, promoting self-healing and optimal function
Chiropractic can be used to treat the symptoms of many health issues, including common conditions such as asthma, cancer pain, ear infections, pregnancy, Crohn's disease and more.
Chiropractors Correct Subluxations
WHAT IS A SUBLUXATION?
Caused by physical, chemical, and mental stresses, subluxations occur when one or more spinal vertebrae move out of position and create stress or irritation on nearby nerves, preventing the body from functioning optimally.
- Can initially be painless
- Can cause interference to the nervous system
- Can occur at any time or age due to various stressors
- Create dis-ease in the body, decreasing its ability to adapt to stress
- Decrease the body's ability to function at its optimal potential
- Can accelerate joint aging and spinal degeneration
- Can cause a chain reaction of other health issues
- Can cause structural and postural problems
As one of the most experienced Evansville chiropractors with more than 33 years of professional practice, Dr. James offers comprehensive chiropractic care for many health concerns. Schedule an appointment with Dr. James today to learn how chiropractic can help you.